Books related issues in Kindle are quite common since kindle is an e-reader. Where most issues get easily resolved by changing a few settings, there are a number of issues related to eBooks, which can stall reading experience of Kindle users. We will discuss three most common issues that occur in Kindle devices, which have relation with eBooks.
Issue No.1: Next Page Is Not Synchronized
So, you are reading your favorite book, but you find out that the last page isn’t saved, then what would you do? Well, you will check the internet connection and whispersync of Kindle device. Here are the steps that you can follow to check whether Whispersync is enabled on the device or not. The problem related to Whispersync has arrived after Amazon Kindle update, so you must consult with Kindle help providers.
- If your Whispersync is not enabled, then you won’t be able to save the next page of the book that you are reading.
- Now, go to option named ‘manage content and devices’ of your Kindle device. You can also go to ‘Manage my Kindle account’ option to check if the book is present there or not.
- Tap ‘settings’ menu.
- Visit ‘device sync’ settings followed by enabling ‘synchronization’ mode.
You will have to check your internet connection whether it is working fine with Kindle e-reader or not. You just need to pay attention towards the screen of the device along with Wi-Fi indicator, which can be done from home settings. Here is what you will see after seeing a different indication light.
- If you see full lines right next to Wi-Fi indication, then the signal is full and the connection has been established properly.
- If you see the lines but they aren’t fully dark, then that means, the connection is unstable and there isn’t any signal strength.
- If you see ‘off’ signal on the Wi-Fi indicator, then that means there is no signal or the device is not connected to the network. You are going to notice this particular indicator when you turn on the Kindle device for the first time. It may take a couple of seconds to connect to the device.
If you aren’t seeing any light on the Kindle, then you will have to connect your Kindle device to the wireless router.
Issue No. 2: eBook Is Not Opening On Your Kindle
If you are not being able to open any particular eBook, then you need to follow certain steps to fix it. The first thing that you will have to keep in mind that the device is connected to the Wi-Fi network. Also, check the downloading link of the book because, at times, the problem lies there only. So, you will have to remove the book, which you can do by following below mentioned steps:
- From the home screen, select the book that you want to remove and press left-side of the controller.
- Now, tap ‘remove from device’.
- Launch the device menu and then, go to ‘settings’ option.
- Press the menu option again and select ‘restart’.
- Restart your device and then visit ‘archived’ items. Download the book again. If the book doesn’t get downloaded, then call at Amazon Kindle customer service.
Issue No.3: Missing Pages And Content Errors
If you are not being able to find certain pages or content in the book, then you are most probably dealing with this issue. Here is how you can fix this issue:
- Go to details of eBook and report poor quality of eBook content to the company. The company has created a feedback section where anyone can post his/her reviews related to the device and its related products.
- Click ‘submit’ after entering your query.
You can also send Kindle email regarding the issue, as they also provide troubleshooting steps via emails.