DT research has announced the two ultra-rugged, water resistant Windows 10- powered 2-in-1 tablets. Well we can see the glow of bliss on the user’s face, the two devices are- D301S and DT311H
If we talk about the basic specification then DT301S features a 10.1 inch capacitive touchscreen. This latest slim, lightweight table with durable package powered by the Intel 6th generation Core i5 or i7 processor with 8 GB of RAM. Whereas DT211H holds the 11.6 inch capacitive touch screen, powered Intel 5th generation Core i5 or i7 processors with 8-16 GB of RAM.
Both tablets feature:
- Built- in smart card/CAC reader
- Bluetooth as well as optional camera
- Barcode scanner
- RFID reader
- 4G connection
All above able to operate across a wide temperature range, from -4°F to 140°F.
These new ultra-rugged water resistant are perfect for indoor and outdoor use. These tablets come with two full HD screen size options, detachable keyboards, internal hot-swappable batteries and advanced hardware-software security.
On the security front, the DT301S and DT311H make use of Windows 10 IoT Enterprise OS security features, including Device Guard enterprise hardware and software security features that only allow the tablet to run reliable applications with TPM 1.2 and 2.0 support. To protect against malicious users, both devices include Lock Down features as well.
Below are the Hardware security options:
- Camera privacy mode
- Instant blackout
- Automatic Bluetooth
Both tablets meet the following standards:
- IP65 Rated – Water and Dust Resistant
- MIL-STD-810G Certified – Vibration and Shock Resistant; Altitude Tested Storage & Operation
- MIL-STD-461F Certified – EMI and EMC Tolerance
- Operational in Extreme Temperatures (-4 F to 140 F)
- NIST (National Institute of Standards & Technology) Compliant
- Built-in Smart Card / CAC-card Full-slot Reader (enables multiple security level control)
- HERO (Hazard of Electromagnetic Radiation to Ordnance) Certified (DT311H)Advanced data security with media sanitization (5220.22-M, USA-AF AFSSI 5020, USA Navy NAVSO P-5239-26, NSA Manual 130-2, USA-Army 380-19, NISPOMSUP Chap 8, Sect. 8-501 and NSA Manual 9-12 Standards)
- 4 Foot Drop Protection
Optional features include:
- 3 G WWAN or 4 G LTE
- 2D Barcode Scanner
- Camera – 2 Megapixel front camera and 5 Megapixel back camera with LED flash
- NFC/RFID 13.56 MHz reader (ISO 15693 and 14443 A/B compliant)
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
The DT301S and DT311H Rugged Tablets will be available in July 2016 directly from DT Research and through authorized re-sellers and partners.