The most prevalent issues with Kindle touch model includes transferring purchased content, frozen touchscreen, lines on the screen and forgetting the password, and many more. All these problems can be easily resolved on your own if you apply the steps in proper fashion.
Kindle Touch won’t turn on
Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and release it. This will hard reset the kindle. When you hard reset your Kindle, all the background processes will be stopped forcibly all of a sudden and device memory will get refreshed.
- Try connecting the Kindle to the different power source. If you are not being able to charge your Kindle, then it may stop working. Check if the charger is charging the kindle or not.
- If you find none of the above options work for you, then you can check the back case of your Kindle Sometimes, using the device for long hours may result in melting of internal devices. This may damage your device completely. You can contact Amazon customer support in this regard.
Can’t Transfer the purchased content
You need to deregister your older kindle, then erase the content purchased from the Kindle store and the one you want to see on kindle touch. To deregister your Kindle, follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- Press ‘Home’ and click on ‘Menu’.
- Select ‘Turn on Wi-Fi’.
- Tap ‘Menu’ and select ‘Settings’.
- Go to ‘Registration’ page and click on ‘Deregister’ from the list of options given on the screen.
You must check that your Amazon Kindle Touch should be registered on the same Amazon account which you are using for purchasing the content. If the account you are using for Kindle Touch is different from that of Kindle content, then you will find trouble in transferring the content.
Forgot Kindle Touch password
To reset your password, click on ‘Default factory’ settings and enter 11112277’. Your Kindle will then get restored to the factory settings. You are now required to enter the personal settings again and transfer the content purchased earlier back to the device.
Plug the device into the power socket through the charger. If the battery of the device is low, then you may encounter the problem.
- You can also perform a hard reset function for this problem.
- If the device is still freezing even after performing a hard reset, then you can check the version of software installed in your kindle. If any new version is available, then you can download it from the official Amazon
Lines on screen
Perform a hard reset on Kindle Touch as you have performed for Kindle Won’t turn on the problem. The problem could be due to electromagnetic interference from different electronic gadgets available at home. The devices include remote control, lamps, cell phones and other lighting equipment and gaming systems.
Books won’t open
If you have downloaded the book and it won’t open, then either the downloading is not finished or the book has been deleted from your side by mistake. If you have not deleted the book and is still available in the book folder, then you can delete it by pressing the finger against the name of the book. Send it to an Archive folder. Download the book again from kindle bookstore. Once the title downloading gets finished, restart kindle touch and try accessing the book again. If the problem still persists, then factory reset your kindle touch and reload the content.