Do you want to allow your child to use your Barnes & Noble Nook HD or Nook HD+ but wondering they might end up viewing content that is not appropriate for their age or might end up using for a credit card for purchases. In such cases, you can use latest Nook’s parental control features that will allow you to keep track of your kids activity on your Nook device and also will prevent them from browsing something on the net and buying items from Nook store and further you can take Nook help from the professional regarding this.
Here we will discuss how to enable parental controls on your Nook HD or Nook HD+ :
Create a Profile
- First of all, you have to setup profile of your child.
- Simply, Log in to your profile located in the top left corner and then press Add Child Profile.
- Now enter the information such as Child’s name, date of birth, gender in the dialogue boxes and also select an avatar for the profile.
- Just agree to the terms and conditions of Barnes & Noble and press the next button and now you should be able to access your child‘s account and in case of difficulty feel free to contact Nook Support Number and get resolution for your problem.
Setting Parental Controls
The moment you enter your Child’s account information, after that you will be able to set certain parental control parameters. These includes disabling the Nook store so that your kids cannot make any purchase and you also prevent them from using a browser and watch movies.
Although, Nook support is by default open, but it is limited to kids apps and requires a password for any purchases.
- If you want to block the entire store, then all you have to do is deselect the box located at the right of the Browse Shop icon. You can also give complete access to your child to the store by clearing the box next to Shop for Kids Content. Make sure that purchase only when using Nook account and Password box is so that your child is asked for your password if he tries to make any purchases.
- You can also grant access to your child or restrict your little one from accessing the browser by deselecting the box to disable the browser.
- If you Nook is already having some movies in it choose the ratings for content which you want to give access to your child and then press next at the bottom of the screen.
How to choose your Child’s interest?
After creating a profile and setting all the parental controls now comes the time where you will provide age-appropriate list of interests that might allure your child. These interest which you will choose will correlate directly with a list of sample books that will be provided to your child.
- First of all, select the topic that your child would like to read and tap next at the bottom of the screen.
- Now just choose the sample books as per your child’s interests and then press Next.
- After this, you will be brought to your child’s profile and one dialogue box will appear and ask you to set a device passcode which will prevent your child from accessing Nook’s other unregulated profiles. If you want to set passcode, then add a Passcode in the dialogue box and then enter the passcode and tap Next to go further.
How to manage Parental Controls?
You can always make some changes by adjusting the setting in the future just tap your profile thumbnail and select edit profiles. Now, choose your child’s profile and select the category which you want to edit like change interest, image and after that a select done editing. You can also take the help of Nook color support if you have Nook color and wondering where you can get assistance for it.
We hope after following certain steps you will be able to manage your child’s profile effectively and set parental controls without any hassle. If you still facing any problem while setting up parental control then you can call Nook Customer Service Number and get assistance from nook professionals.