Kindle lineup of e-readers is diverse, it ranges from basic Kindle such as Kindle Paperwhite to high-end Kindle device Kindle Oasis and it also has Fire HD range of tablets those are ideal for surfing and gaming. As it is a gadget that means it is liable to encounter some technical glitches then Kindle existing users know very well they have to head towards Kindle com support also new users who have just got their hands-on Kindle Fire can get all the support regarding their device from Kindle Fire support.
Sometimes, we tend to mess up our device on our own by locking our screen or by forgetting the password of our Kindle account and we start looking for Kindle help but meanwhile, you can try these troubleshooting steps in case you have forgotten your password and accidently locked your Kindle Fire or Kindle Fire HD. In such case, the only way to recover your password is to perform a factory reset which restores the tablet to its default settings.
Remember that you will lose all your content and personal setting the moment you reset your device but don’t worry as you can always download the content that you have purchased as it gets saved in cloud storage. However, if your Kindle Fire gets locked for some another reason then you will experience frozen screen and then to rectify this you can perform a soft reset without losing your content and settings.
Performing Factory reset is easy let’s give a glance at the below procedure:
- First of all, you need to press and release the “Power” button in order to activate your second-generation Kindle Fire or Kindle Fire HD.
- Now just swipe down from the top of the screen and then tap the “More” option to display the settings menu.
- After this tap “Device” and select “Reset to factory Defaults”
- Choose “Erase Everything” option and then tap “Yes” to confirm. The Kindle will eventually restart and restores the factory settings. Now you have to wait for 5 mins and after that tablet will restart and prompt you to connect to a network.
- Now, select Wi-Fi network and enter your password. The moment your tablet gets connected to the network it will ask you to register your Kindle.
- Now enter your Amazon account credential and click “Register”. Once you register your device Kindle will take you through new user tutorial. And you get all your lost files from the Cloud.
If you don’t want to go for a hard reset, you can also try a soft reset as this might resolve your issue.
- Simply, press and hold the “Power” button for about 20 secs.
- Now release the “Power” button and look for the charging light next to the button to appear.
- After this, press the button again to restart your tablet.
Hopefully, these reset steps will help you performing Factory reset on your Kindle Fire if not then call kindle customer service and take the help of Kindle technicians they will do the needful.