Amazon Kindle is a device that can get a host of applications from Amazon App Store. There are a number of applications available in Amazon App Store, but a lot are missing as well.
One such app is Dropbox, which is a unique app that allows users to share data with one another in the easiest of the ways. Let us find out if Dropbox can be installed on Kindle devices or not because it is an important app that must be there in Kindle devices
The current firmware Android version introduced in the majority of the Kindle tablets is known by the name of Mojito. This rendition is irritating for some Kindle clients as they have not possessed the capacity to download the applications accessible on Google play store and the applications on the Amazon application store are constrained in number. Dropbox is one of the application, not accessible on Amazon application store, but rather here we need to clear you that you can undoubtedly sideload this application from another gadget.
Today, we will discuss the means to introduce Dropbox on your Kindle tablet. If there should arise a need for any help and support, you can go to www Kindle com support. The specialists will direct you in points of interest.
- Start off with opening the settings followed by application menu.
- Now, you have to click the option that says ‘allow installation from unknown sources’. Turn on this option. Click ‘Ok’ when you are asked for your preference.
- On your device, open the browser and write ‘Dropbox’ in the address bar. Once the page is opened, you have to click ‘download’ in order to download the app.
- How much time does it take to download depends upon your internet speed? If the app is not getting downloaded, then you can perform Kindle login using the right credentials. Go to support page of the device and check out the instructions pertinent to the connection settings.
- If the file has been downloaded, then you have to open it from the ‘download folder’.
- You have to click the menu button in order to open the folder. The menu button is present at the top left corner of your browser. It is going to take you directly to the ‘downloads’ folder.
- You have to find ‘APK file’ of your Dropbox app, then click on the instructions before installing the app.
- Wait till the app gets installed and then, you can easily use it.
- There will be a shortcut to this app on the screen, which helps you open the app easily. If you are done with the app and want to delete it, then you can do that by going to ‘Manage Kindle devices’ menu from the settings option.
- You can easily log onto Dropbox by entering your username and password. If you don’t have any account, then sign up for If your Dropbox doesn’t work even now, then you should update Kindle because the problem may have risen as a result of using an outdated version of the operating system. You can find an update for any Kindle model, let it be Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HDX, Kindle Voyage or Paperwhite. Let’s say, if you want Kindle Paperwhite update, then you should log onto the official site of the company to update the device.
Note: If you are downloading an app from a 3rd party app store is called ‘side-loading’. The benefit of using this method is to avoid the need of rooting the device. You just have to enable the option that permits you to install apps from unknown sources. The method works on Fire HD, HDX, Voyage, and Paperwhite models, so you can easily side-load the apps and install APK files from the web via Silk Browser.