The problem related to the critical battery error has become very common in Kindle devices. This problem occurs when the Kindle is left alone for a long period of time. If you are facing the same issue in your Kindle device, then you can take the help of the professional Kindle help to find the best resolution for the issue.
Let us take a look at the feature in Kindle device that makes it one of the most popular tablets in the world. We are talking about Kindle battery, which lasts for a long period of time, even months. If you take breaks in reading books and leave your tablet alone for a long time, then the battery level gets to an extremely low level.
There is one thing that I want to tell you about Kindle battery is that it will not shut itself automatically. When the battery is low, then you will see a screensaver where you will see ‘Critical Battery’. It means that the battery is empty and you need to charge the battery in order to use the device. You have to connect the Kindle device with the power source.
If you don’t see this screen a few seconds after it is displayed, then you may find that connecting your Kindle to the power source is not good enough to bring the device back to its normal working state. You are dealing with critical battery error and you need to take Amazon Kindle support to get rid of the issue.
Here is how you can revive the battery issue:
- You can plug the Kindle into the AC adapter. Don’t plug it into the computer or laptop USB port. Let the device charge for a few hours. You have to see if the light in your Kindle is lit or not because sometimes what happens is, the Kindle, which is fully drained will stop charging for some seconds after plugging it into the power source. You have to unplug the device and then, re-plug it until you see a steady light. On the majority occasions, you will see the Kindle device coming to its normal working state.
- If you are seeing the same ‘Critical Battery’ screen again, then you have to unplug the USB cord. After that, you have to hold the power button and slight it to the right side for 20 seconds or so.
- Then, release the power button and then, press and hold the home key for half a minute or so. If there is any problem in this step, then log onto www Kindle com support.
- Once you see the device’s screen flashing, then you can release the home key. The Kindle device will boot to the recovery mode. Now, you have to press and hold the R key until the Kindle screen flashes again. If you don’t see the flashing LED, then you can browse Kindle com support website, which happens to be the official site of the company.
- Once the rebooting process is finished, you are going to see Critical Battery screen again. This can be rectified if you plug in the USB cable and wait for your device to return to home screen.
The process is same for Kindle Fire devices, so there is no need to get a separate Kindle Fire support to get rid of this issue. A general Kindle support is good enough to fix this issue.
This problem can be fixed by the Kindle support, so you must get in touch with them because your device is safe in the hands of the Kindle support providers.