Kindle Voyage is one of the premium models of Amazon E-reader. The reason for its outselling is its amazing and dynamic features. The user can access the books very easily from this model. If you want to update your kindle voyage model and don’t know the process of installing and downloading the updates, then you must read this blog post. We are going to discuss steps with you.
As we know that no OS can be built without flaws. There will always be single or multiple bugs remained in every OS. So, the developer keeps on updating the OS to remove bugs from it. If you are using a kindle voyage model, then the company has recently launched a new update for existing OS. The update is 22.214.171.124.5. You can get the information about this update from Kindle com support page.
To check the current version of OS installed in your kindle voyage model, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps. Before checking the version, you must connect the kindle to the home Wi-Fi network.
- Go to ‘Device information’ from the settings menu.
- If the software version displayed there is 126.96.36.199.5, then you are running a right software version. In case the software version is older than 188.8.131.52.5, then you need to perform the update.
Now, we are going to discuss steps to download and install updates on Kindle voyage model automatically. If you find any problem in understanding the points, then read them again or call at technical support.
- Open settings from the Home screen.
- Click on ‘Update Kindle’ OS option.
- If you find a prompt message on the screen, then click on the checkbox given next to ‘Update’. When you update kindle, you don’t need to enter the payment details in it. You can skip this step if already entered.
- If you want to disable to cancel the ongoing update process, then click on ‘Cancel’ option from the screen.
- When update process starts, you have to wait for some minutes till the update gets completed. It must be remembered that your device should be on while performing an update.
This is how you can update the kindle voyage OS. If you want to confirm the OS version currently installed on your Kindle, then follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- Open ‘Update’ option. If you find this option grayed out, then it means your Kindle is updated.
- If you find this option not grayed out, then there is an update available for you. You must check the update again. For this, you can take help from Kindle support link.
The process discussed above is common for all kindle models. If you are using any other Kindle model, then you can refer the same steps for updating the OS. It is important to keep the device updated because it will remove bugs and errors from the older version of OS.
In case you find any problem in implementing the steps, feel free to contact at Kindle support. The technical executives will help you in a best possible manner.