Amazon has released a new update to the kindle oasis in which a hitherto-dormant Bluetooth chip has been introduced. This feature allows you to connect the speakers or headphones wirelessly via Bluetooth. If you have AirPods with you and want to connect to the kindle, then here are steps for you.
How to pair AirPods with kindle?
The process of pairing is dead easy.
- Open Kindle oasis settings from the home screen.
- Go to ‘Settings’ cog from the main settings.
- Click on ‘Bluetooth and wireless’ connections. Tap to turn on Bluetooth.
- You will find a list of devices in the Bluetooth panel. Click on AirPod to pair it.
- Now open the AirPod panel and click the button given at the back, until you notice white LED. If everything goes fine, then you will find the AirPod on the E-reader screen. Click on it and you are good to go.
What’s new in the update?
- New audible section: Amazon introduced a new section in Kindle library to manage and open the Audible books. For this, you are required to open ‘Library’. Now, you need to go to ‘Audio’ books from the list of books. Here, you can apply a filter from the left side of the screen.
If you want to listen to any book, just click on it. A playback menu will appear on the screen. All playback controls like play, pause, and volume up and down buttons will be displayed on the screen.
- Audible Sync: Audio companion is a new feature added on audible kindle. You can pair written kindle with audio version and keep it synced through audio companions. If you want to switch between the Kindle versions, you can easily do so. The only drawback of this feature is that you need to download both audio and text version of Kindle EBook.
- Audio quality: To get the best quality of audiobooks, you need to download the high-quality version from Kindle bookstore. In case the storage space in your Kindle is limited, you can delete old books which you have finished reading. Otherwise, you can download the same book on your iPhone from kindle bookstore.
If you are owning a pair of Air pods, then you certainly have iPhone or iPad. As we have discussed in the above passage that you can download the audible app on iPhone as well to listen to latest audiobooks. Moreover, the sound quality is better on iPhone. You can use gestures to stop and start playing books. On the downside, if you don’t have AirPods, then you can connect any Bluetooth speakers with it. The process of pairing is same for them.
- Storage management feature: Another feature introduced by Amazon in its kindle oasis model. This feature is however no so amazing or useful but it has made easy for you to delete books from the library. If your Kindle library is having audiobooks with more than 1MB size, then it is essential to delete the completed one.
To use this feature, go to ‘Settings’ then on ‘Device Options’ followed by ‘Advanced options’. From here, you need to go to ‘Storage management’. Click on ‘Manual removal’.