Amazon Kindle users have realized that Amazon app store doesn’t have sufficient amount of apps. People have installed the apps from Amazon app store, but they didn’t find those apps good enough to remain occupied. They want to know how to get apps for your Amazon Kindle that is not from Amazon’s App store? Well, this blog post is about that particular topic, so let’s find out how to install third-party apps on Amazon Kindle. There is no need to do any Kindle update in order to use 3rd party apps, so there is no need to waste your time in updating your Kindle device.
The first step would be to prepare your Kindle device in such a way that it can accept and operate 3rd party apps.
You have to properly configure your Kindle device in order to be able to accept the apps that are not from Amazon’s App store. Configuration is important, and without it, the apps from unknown sources won’t work. You will have to make your Amazon kindle register and change a few settings in order to make apps downloaded and installed from 3rd party sources work. The steps that you will have to follow are given below:
- You have to tap on the ‘settings’ icon, which is at the top right corner of the home screen.
- From the ‘menu’ option, go to ‘more’.
- Go to the main settings screen and tap the device.
- Enable ‘allow installation of applications from unknown sources’.
You can install 3rd party apps using your computer
You can also install the apps with the help of your PC. You can choose from a variety of options that are available online and get the apps. But, you have to make sure that the resources from where you are downloading the applications are reliable, otherwise it may harm your device. You can take Amazon Kindle support if you come across any issue with the installation of third-party apps.
The steps to install third-party apps from your computer are mentioned below without taking Kindle help:
- Search for the app you want to install.
- Download the app on your computer. It will be in the form of .APK file.
- Install a file manager in your Amazon Kindle, which is quite easily available.
- Connect the Kindle to the PC with the help of a USB cable.
- Copy the APK file on your Kindle.
- Disconnect the device from the computer and search for the file on the Kindle.
- Open the file manager on the Kindle device, tap on the APK file and install the file.
- Even if you are using Kindle Paperwhite, you can use 3rd party apps without doing Kindle Paperwhite update.
By following the above-mentioned process, you can easily access 3rd party apps on your Kindle device, whether it is Kindle e-reader or Kindle Fire tablet. But, if you come across any issue, then you should get in touch with www Kindle com support. They are the ones who can guide you how to install 3rd party apps in the best way.