Amazon Kindle is one-of-its-own-kind of e-Reader that is equipped with a plenty of mesmerizing features. Amazon Kindle is the perfect gadget for those who have an immense passion for reading. Backed up by a wide range of features and a competitive pricing, Kindle has really become a device that one can look up to in terms of day-to-day reading purposes. There has been a number of Kindle models launched by the company in the recent times, but the basic process, i.e., registering for the Amazon Kindle account, managing Kindle devices and other related aspects.
In order to take full benefits of the features that the Kindle has in the offering, you need to register your account on Kindle. The process of registration is not complicated, but it is important to follow the process step by step in order to avoid any issues later on.
Steps to Register on Kindle account
The below-mentioned registration process is common for all the models of the Amazon Kindle. By registering your Kindle to the Amazon account, you can easily download and/or buy your favorite content.
You will have to connect your Kindle to the internet and register it to the Amazon account in order to buy and/or download content. Registering also permits you to download your content that you’ve purchased from other tablets, such as Fire tablets, Kindle e-Readers and all other apps that are supported by the Kindle.
In order to Amazon register, please follow the below-mentioned steps:
- From ‘Home’, press the ‘Menu’ button followed by ‘Settings’.
- Press ‘Registration’ option.
- If you are creating an account on Amazon, then you need to tap the option and check all the instructions that are displayed on the Kindle screen. Follow the instructions in the right order to Register Kindle on a new Amazon account.
- In case, you already have an Amazon account, then you need to enter the account information such as Kindle email and password. Once you fill all the required fields, you need to tap ‘Register’. After the registration process is completed, your name is going to appear as a registered user.
Managing your Kindle includes three main aspects, these are;
Manage your Account
You need to manage your account in order to ensure that the payment method(s) you have chosen are working properly.
- On your Kindle device, go to ‘Manage Kindle Devices and Content’ option.
- Select ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Edit Payment Method’ which is given right below the ‘Digital Payment Settings’.
- Choose your Amazon credit card login information or add a new credit card (if no credit card is registered) and finally, click ‘Continue’.
- Now, you need to enter the billing address. Once you add it, then tap ‘Continue’. You will be directed back to Digital Payment Settings page to view the payment method.
Manage Kindle Content
There are mainly five different processes, which play an important role in managing Kindle content.
Transfer eBooks to your Kindle
- You need to go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
- You can select the eBooks that you wish to deliver from your content and then press ‘Deliver’. You can click on ‘show drop-down menu’ if you are not able to see the title of the book that you want to deliver.
- Choose your Kindle device from the drop-down list.
- Tap ‘Deliver’ and your eBook will be automatically delivered to the Kindle device.
- Connect your Kindle to Wi-Fi network in order to receive eBooks or other items that you have delivered. Do Kindle Sign in to see if the books have been delivered or not.
Turning the book updates off and on
This is an important part that you need to pay attention to because if you are interested in the process that is referred to as ‘Manage my Kindle account’. Before you turn on the book updates, you have to turn on the annotations backup on your Kindle device. For that, you need to go to settings and select ‘Automatic book update’. The menu will expand and then, you can turn the automatic updates option ‘On’ or ‘Off’ according to your choice.
You can easily return your eBooks by going to ‘Manage content and devices’, followed by ‘Your Content’. You will find the option to refund an eBook, so you can click on it to refund.
Cleaning up the Kindle Content library
Removing unnecessary items from your Kindle library in an integral part while you manage your Kindle. You need to go to Manage your Content and Devices, after which, you need to click on the drop down list. You can select the titles that you want to delete and get rid of them permanently.
Manage Kindle Device
It is extremely easy to edit your device name and update the version of your Kindle OS. So, you need to just Amazon Kindle login to manage your device in a better way.
There is an Amazon card option available as well, which you can use if you already have an account, but if you don’t, then you can create a new Amazon card.